Friday, March 21, 2008

Upcoming Events & News

2008 has started off well with a certain momentum that I'm grateful to have.

First, I signed with an established and well-respected gallery in Newburyport, Massachusetts (just North of Boston) named The Churchill Gallery. (www.thechurchillgallery.com) Though they have historically exhibited traditional figurative and landscape paintings they are making the move to include more contemporary work after their clients expressed interest in this new direction. I am honored to be part of that evolution with them. I am currently working on a new collection of paintings to be exhibited at The Churchill Gallery later this Spring. Details will follow.

Second, I have been working on finding international exhibition opportunities. It takes a lot of work and time to negotiate through a web of networking but I am grateful to all the contacts I have made since I started my fine art career. Currently I have my latest works on paper exhibited at a fairly new gallery in Amman, Jordan. Jacaranda Images is a small gallery run by two women, one Australian, the other Jordanian. They feature prints and original works on paper and are making waves in the young contemporary art scene in Jordan. Check them out at www.jacarandaimages.com. I have also tentatively scheduled a larger one-woman show at Zara Gallery in Amman to take place in November of this year which will feature large mixed media paintings on wood and canvas. As time passes, I will make sure to provide more information on that exhibition.

Some of you know that I have spent the last 2 years studying and working towards my Masters of Education in Visual Art at Lesley University. Hard to believe, but the end is near. I will be showing my thesis artwork at our thesis exhibition which opens at the Marran Gallery on April 1 and runs through the end of the month. The opening reception is scheduled for Friday, April 18th from 6-8pm. Marran Gallery is on Lesley University's Main Campus on the corner of Mellen and Oxford Streets.

I will also be participating in the annual Fort Point Spring Art Walk. This year it is taking place on Friday, May 9 (4-7pm) and Saturday & Sunday, May 10 & 11 (12-5pm).

This brings me to the latest news. My participation in the Art Walk will be my last open studio event for now. I am embarking on a new and exciting adventure and moving overseas. I will be moving to Amman, Jordan in July of 2008 and joining my beau who lives and works there. Depending on job opportunities in art education, I may stay there or we may move on to another exciting destination. In any case, many of you know that I consider the world to be a very small place these days. I don't anticipate this move to change anything in regards to continuing to make art nor to my connections, ties to and presence in Boston and New England. I can promise that my travels and new endeavors will inspire new ideas and perspectives and I look forward to sharing those with you all through my art.

That's all for now. Thanks to all of you for your support and and interest in my work!
Ciao ~

No comments: